Wednesday, May 1, 2019

FAO PH - CSO Consultation: Strengthening Engagement and Convergence

I. Background
During the 34th FAO Regional Conference for Asia Pacific ( APRC), there was a call and recognition for in-country or national follow-up dialogues on agreements made during regional CSO-FAO consultation, especially on priority agenda such as responsible agricultural investments (RAI), decade of family farming, SDG localization, among others.  As such, there is a need to establish and strengthen relationships between and among Civil Society Organizations stakeholders and FAO country offices. Cooperation can be fostered if there is an in-depth understanding of mandates and priorities, ways of working, and openness to build partnership.

In this regard, the FAO-CSO consultation-workshop in the Philippines is being organized to discuss engagement mechanisms deemed relevant for common agenda and joint actions in the immediate term. It is hoped that similar consultations would take place in other countries, to promote and mobilize broad-based support for short and long-term development agenda of civil society, together with FAO.

II. Objectives
In general, the objective of this consultation-workshop is to promote dialogue and coordination between FAO and CSO stakeholders in the country. Specifically, it aims to:
·       Understand FAO Global, Regional, and Country initiatives, including key on-going and pipeline projects;
·      Understand Philippine CSOs’ priorities in agriculture and rural development and existing mechanisms for cooperation;
·       Discuss and explore common agenda for convergence;
·       Identify engagement mechanisms for advancing common agenda; and,
·       Strengthen coordination mechanisms to bridge global-regional-national agenda.

III. Expected Outputs
At the end of this consultation-workshop, the following outputs are expected:
·      Identified engagement mechanism between FAO-CSO to promote common agenda and joint initiatives;
·     Priority FAO-CSO convergence agenda (e.g. in relation to UNDFF, CFS Instruments, SDG30) for follow-up actions at national and local levels; and, possibly, at Asia-Pacific region;
·     Improved solidarity and partnership between FAO and CSOs.

1 comment:

  1. “I could not have closed on my first home without Mr, Benjamin Lee ! Benjamin and his team went above and beyond for me on this transaction. He handled my very tight turn around time with ease and was always available for me when I had questions (and I had plenty), even when he was away from the office, which I greatly appreciated! He and his team handled many last-minute scrambles with the seller and worked tirelessly to make sure that I could close before my lease (and my down payment assistance, for that matter) expired. Mr Benjamin is incredibly knowledgeable Loan Officer, courteous, and patient. I went through a couple offers on properties before my final purchase and Benjamin was there to help with each one, often coordinating with my agent behind the scenes. I felt supported throughout the entire process. Thanks to Benjamin and the tireless efforts of his team, I am now a proud home owner! I would encourage you to consider Benjamin Briel Lee for any kind of loan.Mr, Benjamin Lee Contact informaions.via WhatsApp +1-989-394-3740 Email- lfdsloans@outlook.com.

    ReplyDelete